The first point of contact is the Lodge Almoner who is supported by the Provincial Almoner and his team of Assistant Almoners. Their approach will be to ensure complete confidentiality for every enquiry. Help can also be sought through the Confidential Help Line. Call the number below 24hrs a day, just leave your personal details and a contact number and one of the dedicated team will contact you.
An initiative of West Riding Masonic Charities Ltd designed to replace, expand and enhance the emergency grant scheme currently available to Brethren throughout the Masonic Province of Yorkshire, West Riding.
West Riding Masonic Charities Ltd is committed to provide assistance;
• whenever a Brother, his family or dependants are in financial distress;
• have an urgent need or
• other immediate and pressing necessities.
CHOICES aims to assist those elderly, disabled, lonely or vulnerable West Riding Freemasons, their family or dependants to live independently in their own homes for as long as possible by providing:-
• a programme of urgent minor repairs, small adaptations and general home maintenance through an approved handyperson service.
• assist with short term respite and convalescent care.
• it will also provide short term help and support with health and social care needs i.e. transport costs to appointments, assistance with specialist equipment etc.
• identification and alleviation of loneliness.
West Riding Masonic Charities Ltd Care and Support Officers can provide assistance and advice to Lodge Almoners in order to identify and suggest the most effective and appropriate assistance to maximise a beneficiary’s support network.
Each CHOICES grant application will be considered on its own individual merits. Our ability to provide immediate support and assistance is extensive and wide ranging, in order to deliver help and relief to our needy and vulnerable Brethren in their time of privation, hardship and distress.
Generally, support is available to those shown below who are in need of help. This list should be considered as a general indication. If you are unsure please approach your Lodge Almoner.
• Freemasons of the Province of Yorkshire, West Riding.
• Wives, partners, widows and other dependants of West Riding Freemasons.
A “partner” is defined as someone who is living with a Freemason “as if married” or was doing so at the time of his death. This applies equally to same sex partnerships.
A “dependant” is someone who is physically or financially dependent on a Freemason. There are no age limits, no qualifying period of membership and the craft.
Copyright 2018 Lodge of Peace No.149
Web Design: Bro. J Cole